**ATTENTION MILITARY DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**
Discounts of up to $400 in Dealer Cash card available for ACTIVE military personel for puchase of accessories and Gear
The Yamaha WR250R is a direct descendent of the WR250F a rugged motorbike designed only for off road. Unlike its sibling the WR250R has a more serene character and can be used without problems for both street and dirt riding.
The first street legal Yamaha WR250R was launched in 2008 and since then it continued to impress the dual purpose bike lovers with its superior performances.
After four years, the WR250Rs design remained almost unchanged and all you get for 2013 is a new set of graphics. Help the bike deal with harsh terrains with poise, Yamaha gave it a special asymmetrical swingarm which comes with cast aluminum crossmembers, extruded arms and a 22mm rear axle. Furthermore a fully adjustable 46mm fork provides 10.6 inches of wheel travel.
The bike features a competent alloy chassis which is combined with a reliable 250 cc liquid-cooled DOHC engine. The engine is combined with two titanium intake valves and two steel exhausts.
- 250cc liquid-cooled, DOHC engine with two titanium intake valves and two steel exhausts, forged piston and plated cylinder for outstanding durability.
- Pentroof combustion chamber with downdraft-type straight intake helps make excellent power across the rev band, with maximum power at 10,000 rpm.
- First use of fuel injection on a 250 Yamaha on/off-road bike. The system relies on input from a crank sensor, intake air pressure sensor and throttle position sensor feeding a compact ECU to provide optimum combustion.
- An ECU-controlled EXUP exhaust valve, along with an electronic intake control valve, broadens the powerband.
- High lift cams have WPC surface treatment in which the surface is sprayed with fine powder at over 100 meters per second to increase surface hardness.
- Three-axis engine layout keeps the engine compact. Wet sump tucks between frame rails to keep the engine height down.
- Rare earth-type ACM alternator keeps the weight down while providing all the current needed to run the FI and lighting systems.
- Direct ignition coil sits atop the spark pluganother first on a Yamaha on-off road model.
- Six-speed gearbox provides a wide spread of ratios, with shower-type lubrication for reliability. A special light-action clutch makes shifting a snap.
- Tucked-in, three-chamber muffler helps keep mass centralized and the bike quiet.
- Electric start only: Leaving off the kickstarter keeps it light and simple.